Heirloom Chocolate Chip (or M&M) Cookies


These cookies are quite delicious. I have some larger baking projects up my sleeve (mua ha ha ha ha!) so while I am brainstorming and gathering all the tools I need to complete these projects, I have decided to take a break for these classicly yummy M&M Cookies!

This is what I would call an heirloom recipe. This recipe has been in my friend's family for generations - no one really knows what generation it first started in however. The first time I tried a cookie from this recipe, I was probably no more than 10 years old and was at my friend's house for a sleepover. In the morning I woke up to these wonderful cookies and was given a bag of them to take home to my family. After my mom had a taste of these little yummies, she managed to get a copy of the recipe. Yay!

So here I am sharing the original recipe with you. Originally, the recipe called for mini chocolate chips (not M&Ms as I have done - but I sometimes like a little rainbow in my cookies!). The cookies will turn out very soft and chewy - perfect for a tall glass of milk! I recommend making the traditional recipe, but feel free to substitute the chocolate chips for M&Ms, walnuts, mini peanut butter cups, etc.

Heirloom Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter (unsalted and at room temperature)
1/3 cup crisoco (or more butter)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package mini chocolate chips

1. Cream together: white granulated sugar, brown sugar, and 1/3 cup butter. Add Crisco (or another 1/3 cup butter) and cream together for one minute.
2. With mixer on low, beat in egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
3. With mixer still on low, slowly pour flour into batter, mixing just until ingredients are combined.
4. Fold chocolate chips into dough using a spatula.
5. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment